Friday, May 4, 2012

Yabu: The House of yummy Katsu

I heard a lot of things about Yabu restaurant, they said that they really serve good Tonkatsu and these pushes me to taste the famous Tonkatsu in SM Megamall lol.... Of course I have my foodie partner with me who is very choosy on this kind of food and she is my food tester for this day. Hehehe


Katsudon - meaning a bowl of rice topped with fried pork and egg.  Tonkatsu - pork cutlet. Hehehe...
It was a Wednesday morning when we went here and at 11am they already have a lot of customers, but we still got a chance to get a good table for two.


I got a 1st good impression with this restaurant, employees of this restaurant is very accommodating including their manager i guest, and they are very attentive to customers request.


A hot towel was serve first before getting our orders, which  I got confuse though, I thought this should be give after they serve your food? Curious mode.


This is their well arrange condiments, the one on the right looks like a pig in a side view and i don't know how to read Japanese that's why i ask allot on how to use it.



This is for their sauce, just combine the sesame seed and tonkatsu sauce, grind it and you'll yet your yummy  tonkatsu sesame seed sauce.


For you to enjoy their unlimited cabbage, add the white sesame seed sauce ( Winner!). When i first taste it I got this impression that they should not include this since it has a bland taste but good thing my partner tried the sauce and we got a eureka moment that we just discover it by ourselves.


Honestly speaking i haven't tasted a good Japanese rice like these, it is really different and its heavy.

Rosu Set 180g Php.405

So we ordered a Tonkatsu set, serve with Japanese Rice, miso soup, fruits, unlimited cabage with sesame dressing and it has a yellow wasabe on the side if you want you're food to have a small kick of spiciness.


On this set you can choose if you want a ROSU (Pork loin) or HIRE (Pork Tenderloin)

  • For Pork Loin, it is a 3/4 inch thick pork cutlet with a trimming of fat, choose Rosu 180g, 120g or 90g


  • For Pork Tenderloin, it is a 3/4 inch thick pork cutlet with NO fat, you can choose 150g or 100g.
Rosu katsudon Php.265
 And this is my favorite their yabu's rosu katsudon, it is compose of 2 egg omelet and a speacial sweet sauce on the top of the steamen japanese rice and all i can say is that, i didn't finish it, I think its good for two. Take out na lang.. hehehe

So for those who haven't tried this yet better check them here.
2/F Mega Atrium
SM Megamall


43 comments:

  1. Glad you finally got to try Yabu! :D I don't like tonkatsus before, but after I tried Yabu, I became a convert.. haha.. Try their appetizers next time sis. The wakame and potato salad are so good! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga e... sobrang inggit nako samga review niyo ni stacy dito e... i will try it soon babalik kasi kami dito e.. muah!

      Delete
  2. I have heard so many good things about this place from others! I should just go visit so I can try their katsu too! ahhaha Next week, promise, I'll drop by na :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love yabu!!! i wanna go back thereeee as in now naaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... gutom much carizza.... go na...

      Delete
  4. i miss eating here, i have to re-visit :D great review ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's Yabu soon babe! I love their slaw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uu dito tyo eat... tama na ang kape kape..

      Delete
  6. Will def try this! Thanks for sharing :) I love Katsudon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it i am sure you will surely love it....

      Delete
  7. Great pics! I also want pork cutlets/katsudon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this makes my early morning cravings! I haven't tried this but will surely - pwd bang mamaya na agad? haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a good place to eat .mukhang masarap yung mga food .i like to try them all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. May I ask how much these cost you? I also want to try that because I can go to Megamall after work. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well food range from 300 to 500. Pero sulit and if you are not matakaw like me, pwedeng for 2 ung food nila kasi madami talaga.

      Delete
  11. OHMYGOSH :OO JAP FOOD :((((((((
    craving again :O

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cabbage and sesame dressing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nakakagutom!hehehe...
    I always order Tonkatsu at our office's pantry. It's very affordable and yummy! ت

    By the way, count us as your newest followers thru GFC #64 and Facebook #54.

    Please drop by again and hopefully you can return the favor.

    http://fashionmoto.blogspot.com

    www.facebook.com/fashionmoto

    Also, please click on the REWARDS button on the left side of our blog for you to earn points and avail the gift certificates from the merchant of your choice.

    Thank you so much! ヅ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yabu! I really enjoyed their unlimited cabbage with roasted sesame sauce :) sulit na sulit! Hahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. what to do with the hot towel, i'm innocent too

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yabu has created a buzz a few months ago. There were only good reviews about this restaurant. Creating your own sauce sounds interesting. =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never tried dining in YABU
    but I wish I can one of these
    days. The dishes look so scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Jap food especially Tonkatsu. I will definitely try this when I am in the area.:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not a big fan of Japanese food but these looked delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rosu looks delish! I want to try that dish!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am this close to getting my late-night snack *tempting* after reading your post! Will probably try Yabu when I'm in the Megamall area. By the way, what is the price range? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mai, prices ranges from 300 to 400+... sulit talaga promise.

      Delete
  22. I want to try that Japanese rice. I wonder how it tastes like.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everyone is raving about this especially my foodie mates at The Foodies Circle. I hope I get to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been there twice though I wasn't able to blog about it. Their food tastes delish and the unlimited cabbage, thats FTW! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  25. i think it's a must try for me and my hubby... we'll drop by one of these days... :)

    thanks for commenting on my post... 

    ReplyDelete
  26. Everyone seems to have been in Yabu except for me :(( Huhuhu I must goo sooooon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have not been to Yabu too... is it a pricey restaurant is the price worthy of the quality of food served here? I love Japanese food... I'll invite my mom and dad to try this soon. Interesting post, Thanks. Farida :)
    http://inlovewithsunflower.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dear Sweethestia,

    We would like to invite you to the launching of McCormick’s new Facebook app in the event “Discover Flavors”. Join us on May 10, 2012 as we explore zesty surprises behind McCormick's herbs and spices. We’ll be waiting for you at Fully Booked TopShelf, B6 Bonifacio High Street, 11th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig at 3:00pm. 

    Don’t forget to RSVP to JC Pullan on or before May 9, 2012. You can reach him at the following contact details

    E-mail: jc@dualactionblender.com
    Mobile: 09166426832
    Telephone: 7503416

    See you there!


    Cheers,

    Princess Tan
    for Dual Action Blender

    ReplyDelete
  29. my friend has been talking about this for the longest time!! you made me very very hungry! lol 

    ReplyDelete
  30. going to visit that place soon, thanks for sharing!

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love Japanese food! All the photos on this entry looks delicious and the price is affordable too. Thanks for posting another entry worth trying! http://inlovewithsunflower.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Omg this looks SO YUMMY!!!! I want I want! I love Katsudon...... xx Forever Nineteen

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your truly well-informed. I cant believe how much of this I just wasn't
    aware of. Thank you for bringing more information to this topic for me.
    I'm truly grateful and really impressed.  Great website!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Will definitely reply to you as soon as possible...
Hugs and Kisses