Thursday, December 29, 2011

Spicy Squid with java rice



Let me share to you one of my easiest recipe ever. This one is good for breakfast or dinner. He we go and i hope you will like it.

Let me start with Java Rice:

Serve: 2-3 person
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins

What you need:

  • 5 cups of cooked rice
  • Medium Red bell pepper chopped
  • 1 teaspoon of turmeric
  • 1 teaspoon of parsley
  • Small onion and garlic chopped
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • teaspoon of oliver oil

Directions:
  • In a preheated pan, add oil and saute onion and garlic.
  • Add cooked rice and cooked it again for like 2 mins.
  • Add turmeric and saute it until all rice turned into yellow
  • Add parsley, bell peper and let it cooked for 1min then set aside.

For the spicy squid:

What you need:
  • 1/4 of squid
  • Chilli flakes
  • salt and pepper
  • Butter and oil

Directions:
  • Marinate squid with salt, pepper and chili flakes for 3min and leave it in you refrigerator.
  • After 3 min. In a preheated pan add small amount of butter and oil.
  • Add squid and saute it until cooked, and enjoy eating it with your java rice.
So there you go guys, another creation made by me, and i hope you've enjoy eat. 

29 comments:

  1. looks so yummy! thanks for sharing the recipe sis! and happy new year! :D 

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome sugar.. Happy new year too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like squid.. and will try this coz it's spicy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another recipe to add to my recipe book...Yummy... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't have turmeric ,will check the store at balik ao dito for your recipe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to read about turmeric! I have a bottle of turmeric that I've been keeping for months already, I haven't used it foe cooking purposes but for beauty purposes. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turmeric is good stuff. My mom uses it quite often. She said it also has a lot of medical benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks delicious! at least this is another way to cook squid. i'll give this to my dad so he can try something else with squid. he keeps cooking it the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is nice! Simple to do but looks really tasty :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll try this recipe. I need to buy turmeric first. I would also like to try pilaf rice. Yohm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. my husband love spicy food and i love squid i think i'll try to dothis recipe and add a little bit of twist

    ReplyDelete
  12. just add some yellow ginger to an eggplant dish I cook and ate tonite, sans the curry... your fried rice looks so delicious, I love the color and the photo...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking at the pics, I know it is one spicy meal!

    ReplyDelete
  14. anything that is squid or looks like squid, I will eat...well, except when it's raw ;) this looks really good to eat...will definitely ask house cook to make this sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  15. will be sending this to my husbands Skype since we both love spicy food! and hearing turmeric as well sounds delicious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aleah | AdventuringFoodie.comJuly 8, 2012 at 10:11 AM

    Love love love Java rice. And I'm pescatarian, too, so would def bookmark this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol... multi purpose naman pala siya.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmm I didn't know that.. will check it nga later.. Thanks for the heads up

    ReplyDelete
  19. Go rizza... mura lng naman siya e..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Go liezellce.. I bet he will love it...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aleah | AdventuringFoodie.comJuly 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM

    I love java rice and seafood, so if ever I decide to learn how to cook anything other than pasta, I'd def try this out. This looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks so delish!!!! :D I love java rice and that photo made me crave big time! Anyway, thanks for sharing this recipe sis ah.. I'll be cooking this one up tomorrow night! Yum~

    ReplyDelete
  23. I could imagine that hint of spiciness of the squid with the rice. The pictures looks nice too.
    http://heftyfoodie.wockynest.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Will definitely reply to you as soon as possible...
Hugs and Kisses