Thursday, August 11, 2011

I am a first time baker. Recipe: Banana chocolate chips bread

I am a first time baker and i definitely choose the easy one recipe i could find. It's easy to make this but i really mess up with the outcome, the taste is good no questions ask. But as you can see i mess up with the bread. I forgot to cool it down before removing it from the pan. super silly me. Huhuhu. But i learn my lesson and i am just a newbie. Let give you the easy recipe of my Banana-chocolate chip bread and thanks to yummy magazine for this.




Serve:  8-10 person

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 45 Minutes

What you need:

1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup dark brown sugar or mascuvado
3/4 cup corn oil
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 very ripe banana, mashed
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips



Directions:
  • Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan. Set Aside.
  • Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Stir to mix and set aside.
  • In another bowl, combine brown sugar and oil. Add eggs, one at the time, beating well after each addition.
  • Add vanilla and mashed banana.
  • Mix in the flour mixture and add chocolate chips lastly.
  • Pour mixture into the preheated pan. Bake for 45 min or until the tootpick you inserted is clean.
  • Before removing the bread let it cook for 20 mins and another 15 mins before slicing.
There you go. I hope you like it. I will be posting a more professional baking recipe here next time.

11 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious! I am still learning to cook but I haven't given baking a thought. Hehe. I guess that will take time for me to learn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks gurl.. well it's definitely true... it will takes time for you to figure out if you want to do baking or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sweethestia, thanks for visiting my cooking varieties nusantara blog..
     wow, you started baking cake already, 
     at least it can be eaten. congrats- yum yum
    i must practice mine too, cos i just learnt to make basic cake a few weeks ago. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to learn how to bake! :) this is soo yummy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just try it malay mo mas ok kapala sa baking

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome, and that is a wow for basic cake... gusto ko din matuto nun...

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy! xo



    p.s. I'm having a sunglasses giveaway if you'd like to check it out!
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bread looks moist, choc chips goes well with banana ... Congrats! Don't worry about the looks as long as it taste great. Thks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you rita for the lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Naglaway ako dito .ang sarap tingnan ng banana cake ,it is so moist and just right , medyo pumutuk putok nag .but the important is nasarapan ka. yes, more baking to come

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I've never baked anything in my life so I'd really like to congratulate you on your first effort. :) It does look good although it crumbled a bit. Good job! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Will definitely reply to you as soon as possible...
Hugs and Kisses